We promise that someone will get back to you to talk through your situation and explain how we can help. You can expect to hear back from us within two working hours and certainly no later than 10 am on the next working day.
Sorry, there are a few problems with the information you have entered. Please correct these before continuing.
One moment please...
Your submission has been received. We'll be in touch soon.
We take privacy seriously and we are committed to protecting the data you provide to us through our websites.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about individuals, how this information is used, the conditions under which it may be disclosed to others and how it is kept secure. Using the websites indicates your acceptance of this policy.
This policy may change from time to time so please re-visit this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Our full Privacy Notice can be viewed here. The Privacy Notice explains the basis for processing your data.
WHO WE ARE
1. Both websites www.shoosmiths.co.uk and www.accesslegalsolicitors.co.uk are provided by Shoosmiths LLP, a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales under company number OC374987, whose registered office is at Witan Gate House, 500-600 Witan Gate West, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK9 1SH ("Shoosmiths").
2. Shoosmiths LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Our Professional Rules can be found at http://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/handbook/welcome.page.
3. Shoosmiths LLP is also recognised as a multi national practice with the Law Society of Scotland under number 43932. The Law Society of Scotland regulates Scottish activities.
4. Shoosmiths LLP is the controller of your personal data when you engage it to provide services to you; this means that Shoosmiths decides why and how your personal data is processed. Shoosmiths is registered with the Information Commissioner under registration number Z3279355.
5. Shoosmiths Northern Ireland LLP (Shoosmiths NI) is a limited liability partnership in Northern Ireland with registered company number NC001384 and its registered office at 4th Floor, Lesley Suites, 2-12 Montgomery Street, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT1 4NX. Shoosmiths NI is the controller of your personal data when you engage it to provide services to you; this means that Shoosmiths NI decides why and how your personal data is processed. Shoosmiths NI is registered with the Information Commissioner under registration number ZA219732.
How we collect your personal information
6. By using and interacting with our websites, we collect and process certain information about you in the following ways:-
a) Information given by you voluntarily
Information - including your name and job title, contact information including email address, and/or demographic information such as postcode may be voluntarily provided by you, for instance in order for you to:
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
b) Information collected from you automatically
We may also automatically collect information about you which we may observe, detect or create without directly asking you to provide the information to us. In common with most other businesses, this will mainly include information gathered automatically through your use of our website or online services, such as your IP address, telephone number or the pages of our website that you have visited.
How we use your personal information
9. By using and interacting with our websites, we use the information about you in the following ways:-
a) Information given by you
By giving us your contact details as noted above, we may send you a separate email inviting you to opt in to receive Direct Marketing information from us, including legal updates, event invitations and news on products and services ("Centralised Communications.")
As part of this opt in process, you will be invited to select the areas of law on which to receive Centralised Communications. There is no limit to the number of topics you can select as preferences.
The opt in/consent that you give us may also be used to send you details of our products or services that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you, based on the preferences you have indicated to us.
b) Information automatically collected from you
Like many other websites, we collect data through the patterns of your website usage in order to improve the relevance and performance of our websites and your experience using them (for example by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not).
We will only use the information that we hold about you to administer and monitor (including in relation to troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and security) the provision of the website to you and other users.
We will never share the data that you supply to us via our websites with any third parties.
You may withdraw your consent for us to use your information in any of these ways at any time. Please see Withdrawing your consent for further details.
Credit/debit card payment processors
10. When you make a payment for services online, your credit/debit card payment is processed by a third party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us using the details at the end of this policy.
Where we store your personal information
11. All information you provide to us for our use is stored on our secure servers which are located within the UK and the European Economic Area.
How long we keep your personal information for
12. If we collect your personal data, the length of time for which we retain it, is determined by a number of factors including the type of data, the purpose for which we use that data and our regulatory and legal obligations attached to the use of your personal data. We do not retain personal data in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
13. We do not rely on your consent to receive Centralised Communications indefinitely. You will receive an email from us at intervals of no less than 2 years where you will be asked to re-confirm your consent and preferences for legal topics and disciplines to ensure that the data we hold about your preferences, and your contact details, are current and accurate.
14. If you apply for a job vacancy advertised on our website, we will keep the fact of your application and your contact information confidential. We will retain this information for no longer than 12 months. Candidates are informed that their CVs will be held for this period for future vacancy opportunities. Application forms give applicants the opportunity to object to their details being retained.
Security and links to other sites
15. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we have in place reasonable and appropriate controls to ensure that it remains secure against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or unauthorised access.
16. Where we collect any special categories of personal data about you, we will apply additional security controls to protect it.
17. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access any of our online or electronic resources, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone as that will place the security of your data at risk.
18. Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. This policy does not apply to those other websites, so we encourage you to read their privacy statements. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links that we provide and their security cannot be guaranteed by Shoosmiths.
19. In addition, if you have linked to our website from a third party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party website and recommend that you check the policy of that third party website.
20. Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal data, as set out under How we use your personal data within our Privacy notice, you may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing [email protected] (please use "Withdrawal of consent" as the subject heading of your email). Alternatively, you can also access an online preference management centre at any time www.shoosmiths.co.uk/register where you can alter your preferences.
21. If you would like to withdraw your consent to receiving any Centralised Communications to which you previously opted-in, you can do so using our Unsubscribe tool at the footer of the email.
22. If you withdraw your consent, our use of your personal data before you withdraw your consent is still lawful.
23. Please write to the Head of Privacy and Data Protection at Shoosmiths LLP, 6th Floor, 2 Colmore Square, 38 Colmore Circus, Queensway, Birmingham, UK B4 6SH. Our email address is [email protected]. If you would prefer to speak to us by phone, please call 03700863000.