Angela heads up the specialist contentious trusts and probate team in the South of England.
Prior to joining the firm Angela was Head of Charity Probate Litigation and National Joint Head of Charities at Freeths LLP where she undertook contentious trust and probate work for national and local charities.
Often described as ‘an iron fist in a velvet glove’, Angela is considered by her peers to be a bright and talented lawyer who possesses a vast wealth of knowledge in the field of contentious trust and probate work, with a proven track record of delivering positive outcomes for clients.
Recognition by her peers
- Shortlisted for the 'Solicitor of the Year’ Award, in the Law Society Excellence Awards 2009
- Winner of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS) ‘Solicitor of the Year' Award in 2013
- Named an ‘Elite Leading Lawyer’ by the Legal 500 directory in 2017
- Named in the first tier for charities advice by the Legal 500 directory in 2017
Wills and Trust Disputes
Angela acts for clients in connection with a wide range of wills and trust disputes, including:
- Validity claims - probate actions where the mental capacity of the deceased is in dispute; want of knowledge and approval claims; and undue influence claims
- Applications under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Constructive trust and rectification claims
- Proprietary estoppel claims
- Actions for or against personal representatives accused of breach of trust
- Applications to remove or replace executors and trustees
- ‘a calm and assured presence, and a formidable litigator’ – Legal 500
- ‘instills complete confidence in her clients, and is an iron fist in a velvet glove with the other side’ – Legal 500
Chambers UK (2017)
- 'Angela Bowman […] is held in high regard by those in the market for her work on legacy disputes‘ – Chambers UK (2017)
- ACTAPS (Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists) Diploma
- Southampton University: LLB Law Degree (2:1)
- Guildford College of Law: Legal Practice Course (commendation)