Ruth is passionate about obtaining the best possible results for her clients. She always takes the time to listen to her client’s concerns, and works with them to understand how they have been affected by their injury.
Working with leading medical experts, Ruth thoroughly investigates claims, to identify whether there has been negligent medical treatment which has caused an injury. Ruth looks to progress cases swiftly and where possible she seeks to obtain interim payments of compensation whilst the case is ongoing to assist with clients’ ongoing needs.
Ruth has particular interest in claims involving delay in diagnosis of cancer, brain injuries, and cardiac care. Her experience in cancer claims includes blood, gynaecological, head and neck, breast, and lung cancers.
Cases she has worked on include:-
- A settlement in excess of £200,000 for a client who developed spinal fractures and had a reduced life expectancy because of a delay in the diagnosis and treatment of blood cancer
- A claim for a client who suffered a stroke due to a negligent decision to stop warfarin which had been prescribed to treat atrial fibrillation
- An orthopaedic claim involving a negligent hip replacement, which required revision and left the client with ongoing mobility difficulties
- Compensation in excess of £200,000 for a delay in diagnosis of ovarian cancer
- A claim for a client who developed a brain abscess and loss of balance due to delay diagnosing an ear condition
- Acting for a client who suffered a severe brain injury due to a delay diagnosing and treating TB Meningitis
- A claim for a client who suffered a stroke as a result of air being introduced to a central line whilst they were having a blood test
Ruth obtained a 2:1 degree in Law at the University of Kent before undertaking the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law, for which she was awarded a Distinction.
Ruth is an accredited APIL Litigator.